Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 pre-shredded Italian blend cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (14 ounce) can/jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
  3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Notes: This is a high fat recipe so to cut the calories a bit I made just a few small changes. Instead of using straight mayo I used half light sour cream and light mayo. I used low fat cream cheese.

This has become one of my favorite things to bring to parties now! I served this for the Olsen's Christmas Eve party and from the time I took it out of the oven and put it on the table it was gone within 5 minutes. I almost didn't get any! I didn't even get my picture, so I had to make another batch for my family the next day so I could get some pictures!

Even if you are not an artichoke fan you will probably like this! Try this out and let me know how it goes!! It is such a wonderful dip!

2 comments:

  1. Charlie Wants this......and Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. meaning Charlie and Alex want this dip...not Charlie wants Alex...:|

    ReplyDelete