Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stuffed Jalapenos

Ingredients
  • 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
  • 12 slices bacon, cut in half
  • Franks RedHot Original sauce to taste (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Whip together cream cheese and Franks hot sauce. You may leave out the hot sauce if you want, but it give it such a yummy flavor :)
  3. Stuff each jalapeno half with whipped cream cheese mixture.
  4. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno half and secure with a tooth pick. Arrange wrapped jalapeno halves in a single layer on a baking sheet.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until bacon is evenly browned and crisp.

These little babies turned out so good for our Super Bowl party!! I made some with the hot sauce and some with plain cream cheese. Both turned out good, but I personally liked the ones with a bit of Franks in them the most. I wish I had a picture of them, but I forgot to bring my camera.

I ended up using more cream cheese then expected because the jalapenos I bought were huge!!! So if you have large peppers make sure to have extra cream cheese on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment